[Artemisia] Membership Questions

lady petronilla lady_petronilla at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 27 21:47:00 CDT 2006

----- Original Message ----
From: Dame Theodora <damethea at inbox.com>
To: Artemisia list <artemisia at lists.gallowglass.org>
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2006 1:04:18 PM
Subject: [Artemisia] Membership Questions

Greetings, all.
I have a few questions for you.  If you would take a minute to respond, I would greatly appreciate it - no matter your rank, station, or time participating in the society.  If you would prefer to reply privately, that is fine.  My email is damethea at inbox dot com

1)  Are you a paid member of the Society? Yes

2) If so, what prompted you to pay for a membership? No extra fees and you can hold offices, and receive awards.

3) If not, what prompts you not to pay for a membership?

4) What are your feelings about paid membership being required to participate in certain activities?  (holding office, authorized fighting, receiving awards) I feel special.

5) What are your feelings about requiring membership for all participation in the Society (often referred to as "pay to play")? I feel there are players that don't care about holding offices, fighting or awards, but they have the right to come feast, sit at a fire, and be a part of the fun.  They "non members" have a place in the dream, just how they want to particapate.  The same as members have a place in the dream how they want to particapte.

For those who are curious, I am doing a straw poll of sorts based on lines of discussion generated by the Grand Council.

Thanks for your time,
Thea