[Artemisia] Membership Questions

Sondra Gibson sgibson at edulog.com
Mon Oct 30 11:46:23 CST 2006

Thea wrote:
> Greetings, all.
> I have a few questions for you.  If you would take a minute
> to respond, I would greatly appreciate it - no matter your
> rank, station, or time participating in the society.  If you
> would prefer to reply privately, that is fine.  My email is
> damethea at inbox dot com
>

> 1)  Are you a paid member of the Society?
>   	Yes

> 2) If so, what prompted you to pay for a membership?
> 	I wanted to receive the Newsletter and TI, and I believe those who
enjoy participating in an organization should share in it's costs.

> 3) If not, what prompts you not to pay for a membership?
> 	N/A

> 4) What are your feelings about paid membership being
> required to participate in certain activities?  (holding
> office, authorized fighting, receiving awards)
	I think it's a good thing.  I can't think of any other organization
where people expect to participate without being a paid member.

> 5) What are your feelings about requiring membership for all
> participation in the Society (often referred to as "pay to play")?
	I think that's going too far.  Everyone can have a circumstance
where they could not afford to buy memberships.  I think they still should
be allowed to participate (with the above limitations)  Besides, I think
that prospective new members should be able to play for a while before
buying a membership.

> For those who are curious, I am doing a straw poll of sorts
> based on lines of discussion generated by the Grand Council.
	It would be interesting to see the results when you put it all
together!

Gefjon