[Artemisia] A New Debate - Pay to Play

Jeff Webster red_belt at msn.com
Tue Oct 31 12:00:59 CST 2006

I believe that holding an office or fighting, it is important to have a stake in the SCA. I think very strongly about the issue if being a member and holding an office, or fighting. As for awards........rubbish!!  I say it again.......rubbish!!  Awards are given to you by recognition of your accomplishments, hard work and effort. These are recommended by your peers and given by your "royalty" This has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with the "corporate SCA". I think being required to be a card carrying member of the SCA just to get recognition of what you, yourself have given freely is absolute dung.

Of course that is only my opinion,
 I could be wrong

Ulric
(not the seneschal Ulric, the citizen Ulric)