[Artemisia] A New Debate - Pay to Play

IssacHutzel at aol.com IssacHutzel at aol.com
Tue Oct 31 13:57:59 CST 2006

I have played in a number of Kingdoms, some were "pay-to-play"  some were
not. It has been my experience, that pay-to-play kingdoms tend to have  less
population. Whereas "free" kingdoms usually impose a tax, so to speak, and  charge
non-members more at the gate. These Kingdoms, baronies, shires, tend to  have
more money, (and population) due to these higher gate fees.
(I personally always figured that a membership was cheaper than  higher gate
fees for my wife and I)

 In either case , I don't believe  I have ever seen a  Kingdom where you
could hold office as a non-member. So really... it's 6 and 1/2  dozen. Most people
in "free" Kingdoms stay non-members, until they decide it's  just not
economical.

Heir Issac Hutzel Von Wuttenberg
Deputy KRM
of  Artemisia