[Artemisia] A New Debate - Pay to Play

Charles Demery fire_n_earth at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 31 19:45:45 CST 2006

Hello,

   Gefjon Wrote "This is necessary in order to encourage new members, and
allow them the chance to experience the SCA."

    Many people have already stated their opinions and many have come close
to my own so i will leave that be. However I did want to touch on what
Mistress gefjon said above.
    When does one go from being "new" to "not new"? I think it is a good
idea to allow people to come play with us for a period of time and to see if
it is indeed their "cup of tea". However in regards to a pay to play
scenario, what is a period of time? How many practices, how many events?
      Do not get me wrong I am not saying we should enforce a "trial period"
but I have heard people say " We should allow them a chance to experience
things to encourage new members" many times and was just curious...

In Service,
Lord Kormac mac Ruadri'
Humble Squire