[Artemisia] Harvest Court in Sentinels' Keep

Elaine, a.k.a. Iduna elaine.higgins at umontana.edu
Mon Sep 11 14:24:10 CDT 2006

Greetings!
	(Apologies if some of you receive this more than once.)
	We are trying to reach as many of our former players as possible; some
may be on this list; some may not.  Please let me know contact info. for
others whom you know.  Thank you.
	Iduna

Harvest Court, A.S. XLI -- October 21, 2006

	On Oct. 31, A.S. XX, the branch called Sentinels’ Keep was founded, in
the Region of Artemisia.  Since then we have grown, from incipient Shire
to Barony.  Many of our founding folk have wandered away, but many more
have come to take their places.  Now Sentinels’ Keep invites her many
friends from near and far to help us celebrate 20 years of our
existence, on October 21.  (This year we’re half as old as the Society!)
	If you ever lived here, we especially invite you to come; former Barons
and Baronesses are especially invited, as are our early Armigers.  There
will be something for everyone.  For the fighters, this is the time of
our Defender’s Tourney, when the next Baronial Champion will be chosen.
  Open to all non-belted fighters, this will be a 3-round tournament:
sword & shield, then spear over barrier (gauntlets required), with 3rd
round weapons chosen by Their Excellencies of Sentinels’ Keep.  Each
fighter must have a herald, as at this year’s Uprising.  Each fighter
must be warranted in the appropriate weapon styles.  The Champion must
be a resident of our Barony and plan to stay here for the next year.
Knights are invited to test the Champion following this tourney.  A
separate Valhalla tournament, open to all, will determine the next
Defender of the North, according to Baron Thorwulf, of Avacal, the
current Defender.
We invite players from our early years to come and display some of their
first attempts at garb, heraldry, or another art or science -- side by
side with some recent efforts.  This is NOT a contest, just a display.
Current and former Arts and Sciences Champions are particularly asked to
display some of their works.  There will be some boardgames to play, as
we often did at our early events, plus possibly other contests.  (Hint:
Brush up on your Sentinels’ Keep history.)  Come and find long-lost
friends, have fun, enjoy an eclectic period feast with dishes from
various cultures (since our populace is eclectic), and help us celebrate
our birthday!
	If you know some of our former members whom we may not know how to
reach, please share this information with them.  Thank you!
	Reservations for the evening’s period feast are required by Thurs.,
Oct. 12.  The feast will be limited to the first 75 reservations.
Off-board seating will be limited, as the hall is not large.  To make
feast reservations, or if you have questions about the feast, please
contact the Head Cook, Mst. Gefjon (see below).
	Site fee:  $5.00 (non-members age 16 and over must pay a $3.00 surcharge)
Feast fee: $9.00 (children age 6 through 12 half price; under age 6 free).
Make checks payable to “Barony of Sentinels’ Keep, SCA, Inc.” Site is
damp.  Site will open at 10:00 a.m. and close at 10:00 p.m.
	Site: “Brown Building,” on Hwy. 93 in Arlee, MT
	Directions: (from south, east, or west:) Take your best route to
Missoula, MT.  From Missoula, go west on I-90 to Hwy. 93 N. (about 7
mi.). Take Hwy. 93 north to Arlee, MT (17 mi.)  Site is the “Brown
Building,” on your right, next to the Arlee Fire Dept.
(from north:) Travel south on Hwy. 93 to Arlee.  The Brown Building will
be on your left.  Either way, there will be an SCA sign.
Event Steward:  Mistress Iduna Snorradottir, m.k.a. Elaine Higgins
elaine.higgins at umontana.edu (406) 243-4728
Head Cook:  Mistress Gefjon Hrafnardottir, m.k.a. Sondra Gibson
sgibson at edulog.com
(406) 777-2334
Knight Marshal & Current Champion:  Lord Cormac mac Ruadri, m.k.a.
Charles Demery  fire_n_earth at hotmail.com (406) 546-8359

elaine.higgins at umontana.edu