[Artemisia] Boffer helmets basic helmets

AzirLt at aol.com AzirLt at aol.com
Thu Apr 5 11:46:36 CDT 2007

Greeting Boffer Smiths

Here is a nice  easy way to get started on the basic helmets and its not too
expensive.
little league  baseball helmets with face grills work great so long as they
fit snug on the  child's head and have a good chin strap you can find used ones
at the DI or  other thrift stores like Savers or the Salvation Army. You can
get new helmets  with grills at Big 5 or Sports Authority. Walmart sometimes
has them with grills  on them too. I also look for used hockey helmets, they
work well for the younger  kids. Paint them, decorate them. Horns are ok but no
sharp points round them  off.
I was think about the Norman helmets. you know the ones that have the  round
cap like top and the chain mail draping back and the nose ridge piece down
the front.
The cap could be made from leather to cover the baseball helmet  and the
chain mail could be simulated with a cloth drape off the back.
I will  make up a proto type for everyone to see.

Yours in  service of the Dream
Maestro Don  Azir de Lucera
Kingdom Boffer  Marshal