[Artemisia] RE: Background checks required for supervisingactivities for minors

Michael the Loud hanhebin at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 16 15:03:10 CDT 2007

> It is specifically a criminal background check,
> so "bad checks" won't show up unless it's
> check fraud.  A person's credit score will not be
> considered as part of their fitness for being a
> Youth Officer, but a DUI might be a concern.

I haven't done any heir searching in a few years but
in Utah there is a publically available called Chorus
and this system shows everything from traffic tickets
to criminal cases.  This system gives you case numbers
and if you want you can even review the cases.
Printouts used to be 25 cents per page.

However you cannot entirely rely on what is provided
by the courts.  Records can be espounged or sealed (ie
Divorce decrees) As most people don't commit felonies
that if the person had a good attorney misdemeanors
might not show up after two to three years.

Michael