[Artemisia] Background Checks

Michael the Loud hanhebin at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 17 13:55:19 CDT 2007

I know there is some concern about background checks
so during lunch time I walked half a block over to the
courthouse and got refamilar with the system called
"CORIS" (Sorry folks I said "Chorus")  If anybody in
the Loch Salann area would like me to show them this
system I would be more than happy to do so.

The officers involved could easily tell everybody that
if they are uncomfortable about checks they could do
this check first and then decide if they want to go
forward with the check.  PLEASE REALIZE THIS IS ONLY
FOR UTAH and I know nothing of the rest of the
kingdom.

WHAT I FOUND OUT...

Code for a felony is "FS" and has CORIS has traffic
and civil matters in addition to criminal this would
help you to avoid what you don't need.

To put one matter to rest, you cannot get on the "Sex
Offender Registry" for issues like prostitution or
solicitation.  These are "B" Class Misdemeanors and
isn't something the list tracks (see the webpage for
list of exact crimes.)  Also checked and the 18/17
year old thing does make it in the system as there
there is a 10 year age difference requirement in Utah
(also in Colorodo as well.)

These files contrary to believe are accessable to the
general public.  To access CORIS you go through the
main doors, through security and it's the first door
on the left.  Username and password is on the monitor
and if you are able to access the internet you will
have no problem using the system.

I AM PRO BACKGROUND CHECKS!

I did a check on somebody I know who was convicted of
a sexual child crime but so far back that I knew would
not be on the registry.  When I looked them up, I
found that they did reoffend and was sentenced to ONE
TO FIFTEEN YEARS.  Offense was "Sodemy on a child" and
there was probably three dozens entries on the system
from the original arrest warrant, bail was $50,000 to
how much the restitution to the victom was ($3,400 I
believe.)

If anybody in Utah would like to know more how to use
this system, I would be more than willing to share
what I know.

Hopefully this helps...

Michael