[Artemisia] Re: Event Emergency

Julia Jackman-Brink julia.jackman-brink at umontana.edu
Tue Apr 17 15:07:43 CDT 2007

Reuben and Arwen wrote:

>   I know Virginia Tech has an SCA chapter, but I haven't heard yet
> if any members were victims.

According to the scuttle on the upper lists, none so far, although they
are all pretty shook up. Such a tragedy. :(

> Thea, do you know if there is any kind of Kingdom level guideline or
> do you mean that policy is created only at the local levels depending
> on the event?  Does the Kingdom Seneschal's Handbook address this at all?

Thea is correct in her assessment stated below:

> Each large scale event is supposed to have an emergency plan in place.
> I know Estrella and Pennsic have them. This plan should cover natural
> disasters, fire, and other types of emergencies, such as mundane legal
> issues that may or may not be directly related to the SCA.
>
> With regards to implementation: I would think this should be handled as
> a joint effort between the autocrats and seneschals, with input from chirurgeons,
> SCA sheriffs, and other people that have to handle emergencies, and made available
> for each event.

Each event is different and each event has it's own needs, which is
probably why there are no hard-line guidelines written down. The
specific SCA offices are set up to work together to resolve those
issues. I would contact those individuals if you are looking to create
an emergency plan.

No matter what the event or situation. Life threatening and large
incidents they are resolved by directly DIALING 911. Let the
professionals handle it.

Juliana
AKS