[Artemisia] Positive steps; plus the Bog of Bureaucratic Absurdity ; -)

BECKY LEISHMAN leishman10 at msn.com
Wed Apr 18 18:54:20 CDT 2007

Regarding Id'ing kids:

The 'favor' that kids are supposed to make and wear for the youth program is a great way to 'link' them to the group they belong with (it can be any device they want, including that of their parents, their shire/barony, household... etc).  It also has a pocket in it... within which they can keep helpful information... I.e. who to return them to in the event they get misplaced.... etc. as well as other small trinkets... like change to make a phone call in the event they 'really' get misplaced.

The trick is getting them to wear them consistently... then learning who all the devices belong to.

Ramblings of an old MOY who see's a project in the making (evil grin goes here)

Some events (particularly the larger ones) also require that youth wear wrist bands that link them to who they belong to.

While I love the henna tattoo idea.............. ok I'm really rambling.

Bethoc