[Artemisia] Event Emergency

Redhawk sca_redhawk at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 10:02:47 CDT 2007

Yes, that is how it happened.  I stand corrected.  Very heartfelt moment for all of us that watched the ceremony.
  Red

Julia Jackman-Brink <julia.jackman-brink at umontana.edu> wrote:
  Redhawk wrote:

> For those who had attended Gryphon's Fury..
> Do you remember that time when that mundane lady and her son
> was waiting in their vechile up from the site for her husband.
> i believe he was up there hunting or something or another. a
> couple of mundane guys was giving her a hard time and bothering her.
> she came to the encampment for help. a group of heavy fighers with
> weapons and i think some in armor walked up there and those guys left.
> it was awesome how these fellows went to her aid. the then king gave
> each of the heavy's a link from his chain. one of those things a person
> never forgets. except, i don't remember who was king. doh!
> Redhawk

Mostly correct...There was little if no armor worn btw, it was well
after the fighting. The cadre of fighters that responded were squires
and lords from Artemisia and Avacal primarily. And they stayed with the
lady until her husband arrived.

It was the KNIGHTS who were at the event, including those from Avacal,
that donated a link from their various chains to thank the gentles who
took the danger without thought to themselves. The impromptu ceremony
that was done in recognition was a very heartfelt experience, and there
are many to this day that still wear those links.

It was a good thing. :)

Juliana
(who was an autocrat at that Fury...and strung the donated links on
cords so they could be worn. Man that was a long time ago...)