[Artemisia] Henna IDs?

Terri Elliott terrilelliott at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 13:27:49 CDT 2007

I like the idea of henna and tabbard - henna for a more non-removable (at least for the event) solution and the tabbard for the long distance recognition approach. As long as we included something like a skull and cross bones picture, my kids would probably really like it.
  Asa

Lady Flora <lady_flora at msn.com> wrote:
  They were put on the for arm of the kids and contained whatever the child
and parent thought was appropriate. Usually a cell phone number and the
area where the parents were camping. For example, my grandkids had our cell
phone number and "Country Rhoades, Merchant's Row" on their arms. They were
a hit tho because henna can not be cut off of a wrist or washed off of the
skin. And the kids seemed to like them because they could usually put a
little flower on them or something.
Hand of Fatima does this as a service to the SCA and does not charge for it.
They graciously accept a tip for it, but there is no charge. However, they
will not put henna on a child under the age of 5. They are also very
professional and cautious about allergies and skin sensitivities.
The henna naturally wears off in about a week.
It's a good thing, in my opinion.
Lady Flora of Heronton