[Artemisia] Event Emergency

Tony Palmer liamthered at cableone.net
Thu Apr 19 17:56:09 CDT 2007

> Raymond Garrison
> Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 9:55 PM
> Subject: RE: [Artemisia] Event Emergency
>
> On the note of event emergencies...
>
> Jashon Faustus and I were working on an joint
> Sheriff/chirurgeon handbook that was to cover event
> emergencies.

Fabulous! Saves me from having to dirty my fingers with ink. Let me know if
you need any input. I would also suggest we might need info for more than
just medical emergencies. I realize, believe me, that you cannot plan for
every possible incident; every one is unique in some way. I tell my probies
(that's probationary firefighters to the unwashed) "we can only give them a
toolbox to use, they must decide based on the facts of the incident which is
the right tool at that time." Let's build that toolbox.

 We were making guidelines for how to conduct
> event emergencies such as mass casualty situations, event
> evacuation, initiate amber alerts, when and how to notify
> police and ems, contact numbers for poison control and burn
> units, directions to the nearest hospital, and so forth.  I
> would like to continue working with him on this and would
> like as much input as possible from the populace as to which
> information would be necessary and which office it should fall under.

As to wich office, I would have to say ask the Kingdom Seneschal. The
Kingdom Sheriffs office has the primary responsibility for safety and
security. The Kingdom Chirurgeons office has the primary responsibility for
medical. As you can see, they overlap a little. For medical incidents, I
would point you to the Chirurgeonate. Everything else is pretty much the
Sheriffs office.

Master Liam MacFarlane
Kingdom Sheriff