[Artemisia] Henna IDs?

rayzentz at aim.com rayzentz at aim.com
Tue Apr 24 02:57:41 CDT 2007

Sorry for the double send, everyone.

Padruig

-----Original Message-----
From: rayzentz at aim.com
To: artemisia at lists.gallowglass.org
Sent: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:53 PM
Subject: Re: [Artemisia] Henna IDs?

M'lord David,

I for one am disappointed that you have the capability of writing on behalf of
Their Excellencies in so flippant a fashion.   I will be direct, and to the
point, and addressing you, specifically, in the belief that your words do not
actually represent the thoughts of those those noble gentles you claim to
represent.

Quite frankly, you don't have children, so are in absolutely no position to
speak on this matter at all.   By opening your mouth in this fashion, you
belittle the concerns of those who do.   I find it offensive, and I don't
usually take offense at things said by anyone, much less one barely into his
majority.

I am the parent of four young children.   I am raising them in a world that is
just a little different than the one in which your noble parents raised you.
Discussion of ways in which they can be kept safe in the midst of today's
mundane world is of the utmost importance to me, and should be to the parents of
all children, and other adults who are around them.   They are, after all, our
future.

While I am delighted that you, m'lord, are comfortable with the whereabouts of
your siblings at all times, I would like to point out the relative age
differences between you, for instance, and my daughter, who is five.   I am sure
that you feel capable of handling any "uncomfortable" situations that may be
directed towards you.   I am not so sure of her abilities in that regard.   So,
I will take steps to see that she, and the rest of my children, are as safe as
possible in all situations, even those events and activities sponsored by the
noble and chivalrous citizens of the Known World.   Any attempt to prevent me
from accomplishing this goal, or action by an individual to reduce the
effectiveness of my efforts, I will view as a threat to my children.

I will take action accordingly.

If my words are not gracious, I make no apology.   They are intended to be
direct, and pointed.   While it is not my intent to cause offense, it is my
intent to make sure that you, m'lord, as well as all others, know on this matter
I will brook no flippancy when discussing the safety of my children, and all
children in general.   If you are amused by our attempts to find ways of
providing this safety, I suggest you be amused in silence.

Lord Padruig McTavish
Father of Four
Protector of the Wrack
Bard of Arrows' Flight