[Artemisia] RE: David's missive and Padruig's response

Rebecca Mikkelsen mikkelsen_rebecca at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 24 08:32:12 CDT 2007

Oh, for heaven's sake!  It was a joke!

I have an almost 12-year-old who has the emotional level of a 3-5 year-old
due to severe abuse and neglect in her birth home.  She is incapable of
making decisions like a 12-year-old (which is one reason why she was groped
by the guy down the street a couple of years ago).  Despite the fact she is
nearly 12, I have to know where she is constantly and approve every
association, every activity, just as if she was a 5-year-old.  And yet, I
thought David's post was funny.  I know exactly where to find my
daughter--if it is an outdoor site, she'll be in the water.  At an indoor
site she'll be with the merchants.

No manner of belts, tabards, sashes, henna, favors, etc, etc, will keep her
from going with a "stranger" (read: predator) who says, "I see by your
(insert identification device here) that you are from Cote du Ciel.  Come
with me and I will help you find your parents."  Having the identification
actually gives the predator information about the child that he/she can use
to manipulate the child.  NOTHING replaces VIGILANCE by parents!

Rebecca, who has raised 6 kids in the SCA

Message: 6