[Artemisia] OT: Tis the season..... What to do for a Bee Sting

Andrea Waddell aravis227 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 24 15:45:29 CDT 2007

Just my random two cents and logic.  If it's the zinc that would reduce
swelling it would probably have to come in direct contact with the bee
sting.  Therefore the success of this would probably depend upon the penny
itself.  If it was worn and the zinc was exposed for very close to the
surface it would be more likely to work than a very fresh penny that had
it's full standard copper coating.  Possibly the theory could be tested by
scraping down the surface of a penny to expose the zinc and then using that.
  Although, at that point you may as well be carrying around a little bit of
zinc in your pocket, the point of the remedy is to be able to cure it using
something you have on hand, but if you have to have a special penny to do
it, it isn't very practical. :) Yes...I really did spend too much time in
science class.  Testing everyday theories is like a hobby.  When I was a
kid, if there was any scientific discussion going on that involved everyday
items it was usually solved by my mom saying "So try it!"
-Maysun