[Artemisia] Tent Opinions

morgan wolf morganblaidddu at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 30 10:44:53 CDT 2007

To be honest, you could have a nice-sized viking-style A frame pavillion for the price of a new tent (or slightly more, depending on the tent), with the instructions in the Known World Handbook.

In general Ozark Trail is, in my experience, an okay tent, just don't plan on standing up straight.
For modern, commercial-made tents, my general advice is whatever the capacity it says on the package ("sleeps 6!"), divide in half and round down, and remember that armor and elizabethan garb count as one person each.  You should also set it up by your self on a nice, calm, sunny day at least once before taking it to an event (setting up at midnight in the raing is much easier if you've set the tent up before).

Oh yeah, and use the seam sealer on it when you get it.