[Artemisia] Tent Opinions

Chuck Heisler Jr. conradvz at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 30 13:48:45 CDT 2007

I am wounded.

  ". . . but it doesn't mean you need to go with some leaky canvas dropcloth wannabe, . . . "

  Are you implying my dropcloth Getelds are leaky and moldy?

  I could take offense if I was so inclined.

  Actually, Maire's advice is both sound and accurate.  Also, if you're going on long trips on planes, small tents are easier to haul or you can just buy one when you get to say . . . Pennsic, which, along with a tube of seam seal, will suit you fine.

  For a long time use, however, I prefer a more expensive and larger tent, whether mundane or period.

  The more comfortable my accomodations are, the more likely I am to camp out.

  CvZ