[Artemisia] Tent Opinions

Jason Mohler darkside at bresnan.net
Mon Apr 30 15:49:51 CDT 2007

I have never owned an Ozark Trail tent, but... I still remember the event
when we got a freak snowstorm (Machiavelli's Birthday, I think it was, in
1998).  Late May, and it dumped about 6" of wet, heavy snow.  Most of the
tents there were Ozark Trails, and the only ones to survive were not.

Our big tent is a Wenzel 18x9, and can be set up by a single person fairly
easily.  It also fits easily into a surplus duffle bag and is fairly light.
We've been using it 8 years now, and it's held up well.  They're not much
more than the Ozarks, but they seem better made and hold up well.

I'd also recommend checking out places like Cabelas, REI (my 1st choice, if
you can afford it.  I just retired my REI dome tent after 30 years of
service), Campmor or Sierra Trading Post as they all have clearance
sections.  What you get will be last year's model, but you can get a better
product for a reasonable price.

Matheus