[Artemisia] Semi-OT: Ivory Test?

Christina Homer chomer7 at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 7 03:41:55 CDT 2007

Hello-

Genuine ivory has a grain to it, like wood. It will also most likely have a
beautiful aged coloring; like that of real butter (hence the name), & not
white or margerine yellow.  It will also not look like bone.

Good luck, it sounds as if you got a fun find regardless!

Doca Beatriz Pantoja de Las Mercedes

Christina
"The whisper of a pretty girl can be heard farther than the roar of a lion."

This
> weekend I had the good fortune to pick up a baggie of wooden thread
winders
> at a small antique shop. The bag also contained a short, decoratively
carved
> bodkin and three of what look like simple thread spools for bobbin lace.
The