[Artemisia] Rationale on Horse Bow Poundage

Lord Godwin FitzGilbert de Strigoil archergodwin at cableone.net
Wed Aug 8 11:38:53 CDT 2007

hmmmm..... shooting a true yumi from horseback. You gonna sell tickets, or can we
just watch for free?

Godwin

>From: morgan wolf morganblaidddu at yahoo.com>
>Subject: Re: [Artemisia] Rationale on Horse Bow Poundage
>	artemisia at lists.gallowglass.org>
>
>Okay, not being a horseman (could you imagine? Poor horse!), but being both an
archer and a bowyer, I fully support this wieght limit, I'd even write it as
"10-15# less than your grounded/standing draw weight", because a person who
strains to pull a 35# bow will have the same problem.

>Although, **in theory**,  this problem is considerably lessened when drawing a
Japanese longbow, or yumi (not yumi bow PLEASE, that translates as "bow bow").
I'll build one, one of you horsey folks will have to volunteer to try it out.