[Artemisia] SCA Mission Statement and Recognition

Bruce Padget bapadget at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 16 02:23:10 CDT 2007

My last post mentioned recognition a bit. Right after
I sent it, it occurred to me --

Official recognition takes up an awful lot of our time
and energy.  The main activity of peerage meetings is
deciding who else gets invited into the meetings.  The
central activity of most SCA evenings is induction of
people into various orders.  (We call it "court," but
it don't look much like court to me...)

The SCA award structure has been very good to me, so I
hope I will be forgiven for asking why it is that so
much time and energy is taken with things that are, at
best, peripheral to our stated goals.

Regards,
Niccolo
bapadget at yahoo.com