[Artemisia] help - AS IN GAMBESON

Allen Hall earlalan at srv.net
Sun Aug 19 13:03:50 CDT 2007

Greetings Your Excellency and All,

Actually, there is one complete surviving gambeson, that of a French King
(......hmmm, maybe it survived because it was never used in a battle...).
It is quite fitted, and as I recall of linen construction.  There's a
picture of it in _Arms and Armor_.

Commercial gambeson are becoming available now that the re-enactment people
are demanding authentic gear.  Revival Clothing and Historic Enterprises
both carry them.  I've got a Revial that I'm pretty happy
with.....especially when the weather is cooler.  It's very warm in hot
weather.

Alan