[Artemisia] Windegate

J HARRISON jarbo at shaw.ca
Wed Aug 22 21:28:46 CDT 2007

The Shire of Windegate invites one and all to gather for Whipping Winds IV,
August 24-26 at Williamson Park outside Shelby Montana. Our site will
provide ample shade and a break from the wind being located amongst the
cottonwoods along the banks of the Marias River. The weekend will be filled
with classes, archery, and armored combat all culminating in our pig roast
feast on Saturday evening. A soup kitchen will be available on Friday as a
Shire fundraiser. Merchants are welcome and we ask but a small donation to
our auction that will be held after feast. Bring your currency for we will
have many goodies.

Last year the gale force blew in from the north, issuing from the lands of
Avacal, and decimated the forces of Artemisia's northern border. A call is
issued to all fighters, heavy and rapier, and the archers of our kingdom to
defend our border from yet another onslaught of these dreaded foe and dear
friends. Archers will have the opportunity to 'reduce' the number of heavy
combatants by participating in our legendary clout shoot. You do not have to
be a combat archer to take part; just have your period archery gear at hand.

The site will open 10 a.m. on Friday August 24 and closes at 4 p.m. Sunday
the 26th. Site fee is $15.00 per adult, children 10 and under $7.00. Family
cap on site fee is $40.00. All non-SCA members will be required to pay a
$3.00 nonmember surcharge for each nonmember.
Feast fee is $10.00 per adult, children 10 and under $5.00. Family cap for
feast is $30.00. Feast is limited to 150 people. Make checks payable to the
Shire of Windegate.

The Marias River passes along the edge of site property which will offer
wading or swimming if the temperature is warm. Parents are asked to keep
watch over your smalls. Children's activities are planned but we remind all
that it is not a babysitting service. Site has 2 playgrounds for the young
or young at heart.

Directions: Take best route to Interstate HWY 15. Take exit 358 and follow
route to Williamson Park. Signs will be posted to guide all travelers. If
you cross the river you have gone too far. Shelby is 7 miles north of site
and has motels, food and grocery stores but specialty items may be hard to
find. Plan ahead. The site is wet, but please use period containers. Water
will be available on site. Sorry, no pets allowed.

Event Stewards:
HL Terrell al-Qasab
Terrell Cotterell
318 11 Ave N Shelby Mt 59474