[Artemisia] For Last Year's Estrella Attendees

Dawn Tavares dtavares1 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 28 17:00:34 CST 2007

Good cousins,

How would you rate the dust level at the new site for Estrella?

I badly need to start sewing for the upcoming trip...but the temperatures right now are motivating me to play with wool, not linen. Wool (and silk noil) is a magnet for dust and dirt. Just walking from the Loch Salann encampment to Merchants' Row at the old site left my black noil kirtle covered in brown dust from the knees down. And then there was the windstorm that kicked up a little gray tornado in the middle of camp.

I seem to recall reading on this list that the new site had much more grass, but I couldn't find that comment in the list archives.

Any opinions?

Aurora de Portugal
BLS