[Artemisia] Marigolds?

Elaine carynvnk at comcast.net
Sun Dec 30 13:50:12 CST 2007

Greetings!
I'm greatly enjoying this gardening discussion while the snow falls!

And here's a question:
Does anyone know how old modern marigold varieties actually are? I know
there are lots of different kinds, big, little, yellow, orange, and I think
some of them were descended from species calendulas (noble flowers in their
own right, and, if I remember correctly, edible as well) but I was
wondering.

Lady Flora, I've been the recipient of some of your lovely flowers (a couple
of times from you personally) and I hope you can continue to provide them
and have them be profitable. I also hope you enjoy attending without
merchanting! Does that mean we'll get to hear more of your singing?

Best always
Caryn