[Artemisia] Marigolds?

LadyPDC at aol.com LadyPDC at aol.com
Mon Dec 31 13:08:10 CST 2007

In a message dated 12/31/2007 10:09:37 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
lady_flora at msn.com writes:

And,  as to mosquito control, Lemon Balm (or lemon mint) is also a  mosquito
repellant.  We almost always have this herb on hand, in  either fresh or
dried form.  Dried, it can be scattered in with your  thresh to keep your
dwelling smelling nice and deter winged pests.   :-)  It is also a nice
addition to a bit of tea or a fresh salad, but  can be overwhelming and
should be used in  moderation.

Lemon balm is also excellent for cold sores.  rub a fresh leaf  over the sore
and by the next day it is usually gone.   I have also  had great luck making
Sekanjabin using lemon balm to substitute for the  mint.  This makes a very
good cold medicine and cough suppressant.  I  always keep some on hand and take
either a straight teaspoon full or a teaspoon  mixed in with some tea then
leave the cold alone and it usually goes  away

Mistress Constance de la Rose, OL
Barony of Loch  Salann
Kingdom of  Artemisia