[Artemisia] Marigolds?

Lady Flora lady_flora at msn.com
Mon Dec 31 14:52:57 CST 2007

Lady Aurora wrote: It's good to see that I'm not the only gardener jonesing
for the pleasures of the garden in the depths of winter.

If you will indulge me a non-period bit of verse, I would like to share with
you a favorite poem of mine.  It is written by a woman named Sudie Stuart
Hager and is found in a volume of poems called "Earthbound."  It is,
unfortunately, out of print.

HE KNOWS NO WINTER
He knows no winter, he who loves the soil,
For, stormy days, when he is free from toil,
He plans his summer crops, selects his seeds