[Artemisia] Re: Fw: Roe river

Erik Joramo niall_logan at fencer.sca.org
Thu Feb 1 12:10:51 CST 2007

Gauntlet thrown and picked up. Dare I say that you should check the following website which happens to be the official website for Devil's Lake. http://www.devilslakeor.us/aboutlake.html  read the first paragraph. Even they admit that the Roe River is Shorter. The Roe River is fed by the Springs. The D River is fed from the lake which in turn is fed from rock creek and thompson creek. Thus making the Roe River, the Shortest river with it's own source.
Niall
Justin Wrote:
>Guinness, schmuiness.  Don't you know what a river is when you see it?
>Besides, Wikipedia, which we all know is -always- correct, claims the
>lengths of -both- rivers can vary.

>So put that in your pipe and and smoke it, you silly blue furball.  Even
>the -name- of your river is longer.       :D

>-J
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 07:20:59 -0800 (PST)
> From: morgan wolf <morganblaidddu at yahoo.com>
> Subject: [Artemisia] Fw: Roe river
> To: aerie <artemisia at lists.gallowglass.org>
>
> Supporting documentation for my claims-

shortest river in the world. Did some checking, that other river is shorter
depending on the tide, the length fluctuates a LOT. The Roe is pretty much
always 201 feet, barely fluctuates at all, and is the official one according
to Guinness. Until the other river is official, Roe is it. I can't seem to
post on the Aerie thingy for some odd reason, so make sure that gets back to
him. And I have at least 1 Beer Baron for breakfast on the way to work every
day, there is a convienience store here in Helena on the way that has them.
Yum Yum! In fact, I think I'll go get one right now.