[Artemisia] Re: Laurel Archery at Uprising

Lord Godwin FitzGilbert de Strigoil archergodwin at cableone.net
Mon Feb 12 11:39:39 CST 2007

Your Excellency,

Historically we have not applied handicaps to any of our shoots. We tried in past
years with the "Artemisian Archery Challenge", however it was very hard to
implement. Handicaps can be much easier to establish, in a controlled environment
such as a league.

That's not to say, that we can't come up with some sort of handicap, based on
some type of criteria. I'm sure Braden's deviou...er uh, cunning mind will come
up with something. Handicaps such as different shooting positions or distances
are more fun to implement than just plain scoring handicap.... ;)

Don't forget that Kingdom Archery Champion is chosen at Uprising also. It is
usually hosted by the outgoing Champion.

Ryryd, perhaps you can elaborate on the Champion shoot this year?

Godwin