[Artemisia] Embroidery "Solar" at Defender Tourney

lady petronilla lady_petronilla at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 24 09:52:01 CST 2007

If you are interested in Opus Angicanum there is a very good book "Guide to English Embroidery" from the Victoria and Albert Museum.  ISBN 0 11 290030 5
I have it and it showes many examples (yeh picutres) and a long bibloigraphy.
The book sais "The Normans seem to have appreciated and encouraged to work of the embroiderers among their subjects."  Therefore one of the most famous surviving pieces is the Bayeux Tapestry. It depicts the story of the Norman conquest of England.
Here is the link to search the Victoria and Albert Museum.
http://images.vam.ac.uk/ixbin/hixclient.exe?_IXSESSION_=&submit-button=search&search-form=main/index.html

If you have any more questions please contact me.
lady_petronilla at yahoo.com

Machs gut!
In service to the Dream,
THL Pet