[Artemisia] EarlyGaelicDress12col

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sun Feb 25 09:26:36 CST 2007

Good morning, everyone! While tooling through a mile-high stack of old
emails, I ran across this link, which someone kindly sent to the 13th
century garb list.  It's not definitive, but it's definitely interesting and
informative (and the author's got a sense of humor, to boot!)
For those of us who have Gaelic personae, and live our SCA lives in earlier
times (or who occasionally visit same, as do I), and who are possibly
thinking of refurbishing their wardrobes in time for this year's
tourney/camping season, this isn't too bad a place to start.
--Mst. Maire, pretty sure she lives in Dublin in 1407, so she has *no*
logical explanation for the occasional 11th century or 16th century garment
that comes creeping into her closet....

 http://www.earlyirish.org/EarlyGaelicDress12col.pdf