[Artemisia] Judging Cordials

machay at xmission.com machay at xmission.com
Mon Feb 26 17:39:52 CST 2007

I'm not asking about what individual physicians may have recorded but
rather what documentation exists from 600 to 1600 ce that indicates
physicians considered clarity an important factor in the efficacy of
their medications. Such evidence might be from letters or poetry or
plays or .... Perhaps Lady Constance de la Rose has some observations
to share, given her achievement a year ago at Estrella War in creating
period methelin (probably mangled the spelling). I seem to recall her
extensive documentation addressed the issue at least of taste, if not
clarity.

Luveday de Saleford (contemplating how difficult it is to express
exactly what one means using the written medium alone)