[Artemisia] More info about Volunteering at Uprising

Aethric Filius Eahlston aethric at a1restoration.net
Wed Feb 28 10:00:25 CST 2007

Hello One and All,

            We have had a few inquiries already, and we would like to make
some clarifications.

First:

Children aged 10 and up are allowed, if they decide they want to participate
(ie, we need a roll!), to help out in the volunteer competition.  This is
LIMITED, however.  Here's the rules:  NO ONE under 18 is allowed to
volunteer for security.  Period.  Don't ask, it won't count, no matter what.
Ages 10-14 are allowed to volunteer on a limited basis in this way:  They
can do Waterbearing, Town Crying, and Errands.  Errands are defined as small
menial tasks like cleaning an encampment (not their own), delivering
messages for royalty/peers/anyone else who needs it, etc.  For errands, to
help keep track, WE will make out a small card for them to keep with their
chivalry cards.  On this card, the person sending the kids on errands must
validate what they did, how long they were at it, and their name/where
they're camping.  Sound good?  Ages 14 to 18 can do anything they want that
doesn't endanger them.  (We're still working on what's considered
"endangerment" but that's what the boss-man told us.

Second:

Though we are going to tally the hours by Saturday night court, we will be
still marking for hours that night and on Sunday morning.  These hours will
be applied to the following years allotment of hours.  Also as an added
incentive to get things torn down on Sunday, anyone volunteering at that
time will earn double hours (once again, applied to the following year).  We
don't want a repeat of last year, where some people had to stay until 8-10pm
making sure everything was taken care of.

Thanks for all of the replies, and questions.

YIS

Aethric Filius Eahlston & Ysabel La Serena de Lille

Aethric at a1restoration.net

Ysabel_delille at yahoo.com