[Artemisia] Re: That Wrack of Wrabbits

Dawn Tavares dtavares1 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 28 13:29:03 CST 2007

>... if we are responsible for 40 to 80 hours, does the time spent keeping
>the 30 members of the wrack out of your hair constitute volunteer hours?

My dear Padruig,

I would think the Shire's children could easily fulfill any volunteer hours
by serving as the disciplinarians for adults who fail to keep their own
volunteer commitments.

Say an individual signs up for graveyard security, but blows off his shift
to go partying instead. The next morning his would-be shiftmates haul the
miscreant in front of the Volunteer Coordinator: "For dereliction of duty
and public drunkenness, I hereby sentence you to be stretched up on THE
WRACK!"

The hung-over miscreant is delivered into the hands of dozens and dozens of
clever, high-energy, *imaginative* kids from Arrows' Flight. Duct taping him
to a pole for use as a boffer pell is only the beginning....

That evening the chastened offender shows up sober, early, and eager to do
his volunteer duty. He jumps nervously at the sound of young voices--but
that's a virtue in a nighttime guard.

See? Masses of children need not be a problem.
Not at all.

Aurora de Portugal
Evil BLS MOY