[Artemisia] More info about Volunteering at Uprising

rayzentz at aim.com rayzentz at aim.com
Wed Feb 28 21:17:05 CST 2007

I am almost sorry I brought it up.   First of all, the "40" number mentioned was hypothetical (sort of).   At this point, I have no idea how many of us will actually be attending from Arrows' Flight.   The numbers were mostly to illustrate the ratios involved.

That said, however, I will place my humble opinion in  with that of the great nobles who have already graced us with theirs.   Of course, volunteering is not required.   NOTHING is required.   This is a game, and there are many ways to play.   Some take things more seriously than others.

This upcoming coronation marks the 1 year point for Allegretza and I, and we have greatly enjoyed ourselves, and I hope, have contributed to the enjoyment of others.   Successful or not, we have tried.

As I have observed (and I don't claim any expertise here), the very nature of our great and noble game is that we work together, in a mighty effort to preserve, protect, and re-create the best things from our distant past, and have fun while doing so.   I personally believe that we need, no..., must... work together to be really effective in our enjoyment of what we do.   So perhaps "requiring" volunteerism is not a correct use of verbage.   Perhaps this will work instead... "volunteering is EXPECTED"!

I know that personally, I feel it is an obligation.   Many of you have taken time, vacation or otherwise, to help me enjoy myself, as well as members of my family.  You have given us an entire world to explore, and enjoy, and we are greatly appreciative.   I consider it an obligation to return some of that time, through volunteering, or any other means within my demesne, to help increase your enjoyment, as well.   If at some time, someone can say to me that some little thing I did helped them enjoy themselves a little more, I will consider my day well spent.

So, those who are in charge of volunteers for Uprising in particular, events in general, put my name on your list.   I, for one, have no objections whatsoever.

Besides, we in Arrows' Flight are used to being "voluntold".   It happens all the time.   We have even created a new word to describe the phenomenon.   Just yesterday evening, in fact.   (I am now preparing to run...)  here it is....

        "Ellisifed"

Padruig McTavish
Bard of Arrows' Flight