[Artemisia] Royal Gifts for Estrella

Elaine carynvnk at comcast.net
Wed Jan 3 23:50:02 CST 2007

Greetings, Artemisia,
I am the Mistress of the Largesse for Their Majesties Timmur and Tianna. My
duty is to record gifts given to Them and to make sure that They are
prepared to present gifts that are suitable for the recipients and the
occasion.

Their Majesties are most grateful for the many beautiful things that have
been given to Them both as personal gifts and for Them to present. Artemisia
is a generous Kingdom with many talented folk who enjoy sharing their skill.

War approaches. Their Majesties will journey to Estrella War and there They
will take their places among the crowned heads of the other Principal War
Kingdoms and other royalty who make the journey. These Kings and Queens will
exchange gifts among themselves, which will then travel throughout the Known
World. I can tell you that these gifts are much admired and treasured. They
also bring the names of Artemisians, along with their talents, to distant
lands.

The Barony of One Thousand Eyes recently presented Their Majesties with a
large quantity of lovely things for the Estrella largesse, and this gift was
greatly appreciated. I am here to ask that any Artemisians who would like to
donate items to Their Majesties' coffers please do so. It isn't necessary to
make twenty of something. Any quantity is welcome and appreciated.

I would ask that a few suggestions be considered:

1. If you are creating edibles, consider that they will be without
refrigeration. Make sure they will be safe to use.

2. Please label any containers, and preferably put the ingredients on them.
People with allergies will be grateful. And I still have a pretty bottle
filled with lovely colored liquid, which could be cordial, lamp oil, or
something else entirely. I'm not sure I should taste it!

3. Please put your name on your gifts--attach tags if necessary. Everyone
enjoys knowing who made the lovely gift they have been given. And
Artemisians' names are worthy of widespread fame.

4. If you can't or don't wish to take the things to Estrella, please make
sure we have them by Friday, February 9.

If you have questions or if you need assistance getting things delivered to
Their Majesties, please feel free to contact me. I can be reached at (801)
964 - 1739 or at carynvnk AT comcast.net.

Thank you for your time, and thanks again to everyone who has or will
contribute to the splendor of Artemisia,
Duchess Caryn von Katzenberg, OL
Mistress of Their Majesties' Largesse