[Artemisia] From the Kingdom Vol Coord

Robert Woodruff notfrmmars at comcast.net
Thu Jan 4 20:26:03 CST 2007

>From the Kingdom Volunteer Coordinator

Greeting and a very Merry Christmas and happy Holidays to one and all,

I had the good fortune to talk with many people at Solstice Court this year about what they remembered from pervious times that they went to Estrella War.

Let me tell you about some of the folks that have gone to Estrella and what they remember about going.

V.C.L. "Great shopping, food and I remember the year of the great wind and the year of the great rain."

D. "My first year going to Estrella I was 17. It was also the year of the Cloven Fruit Party, and my first belly dance experience. It was also the year that I saw a n_ked man sunning himself, never seen that before."

Owen "Having just gotten authorized the day before and getting speared in the face the next day. It was my first EW in Artemisia and found an unescorted lady who took me to Caragen du camp and got lost on the way back."

Cat "Getting a field promotion after rolling the line and defending the bridge. I also remember the drums and the sound of the heavy shield wall."

Gwyneth "Food and Cooking"

Jen & Ag "The sounds of the drums and smell of the mesquite fires."

Guilliana  "Class's, Midnight Shopping, parties and singing with Calonter."

UB "Morbid Deviants."

Brian "Fighting! During the town battle when lay on was called, Duncan from SOX broke through the shield wall and Queen of Caide was surrounded by her guards, Duncan killed them all but ended up being killed by the Queen with a spear to the face."

Mistress Adrian of the Cross Winds "I got my Pelican at EW, that was pretty cool."

Sir Thomas "When I was Prince and on the Broken field battle fight Florentine a gave a fighter back his legs then took them again."

Felix "I / we invited the King and Queen for dinner, the Kings and Queens from 4 different kingdoms showed. One year I was asked to join BWC. The best was seeing Don Sionnian find his sneaky Don Trick, dagger and off hand camera."

Her Excellency Issya (Starcoffin) "I really enjoy making new friends every year. It is also the anniversary of Sir Koffinna (Countess now), watching the Women's rapier tourney. Best of all was seeing Sir Timmer dance by the fire light."

James Wood Shopping, water bearers, reading to other camps, enjoying the people and music and the A&S camp (period camp)."

Mistress Antoinette "We may have a bus this year!"

Bronwyn "When I was fighting, it was fun to die joyously, many times. Seeing a merchant give something to my, at the time, 3 year old (Tori). Not to mention the many parties and fire hopping."

Sir Fitz "I brought my big dog who got caught between two women who scratched his ears while the had a paw on their shoulders. Watching an umbrella fly up and away into the night."

Queen "Working troll, getting to see everyone that came on site, telling stories, and finding out when parties will be and making friends."

            So that's a few people that I talked with. It appears that everyone has a great time at EW. So, lets get there. Need some help getting there? Ask around your area maybe you could pool together. Either way, have a great holiday season.

Yours in Service,

Robert Bedlam