[Artemisia] Fwd: [arnhold] German Garb Questions...

Maximillain von Passau maximillian_von_passau at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 6 06:50:49 CST 2007

Try here:

https://www.reconstructinghistory.com:4438/index.php?c=22&d=33&w=24&r=Y

Max

Baron Arnhold <bnbarnhold at yahoo.com> wrote:

Jadwiga Zawadzka  wrote:  To: arnhold at yahoogroups.com
From: "Jadwiga Zawadzka"
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 04:45:16 -0000
Subject: [arnhold] German Garb Questions...

        Hey every one! *waves*

Does any one know, or know some one who might, about German garb for
women, more around the late 1400's?

I have lots of great paintings showing what they looked like but
I've come across trouble in figuring out what went under the top
most layer in soem cases. I know this must sound odd but there's
some thing that looks like what I can best describe as a vest style
sleeve thing but it's worn under the top dress and ontop of the
chemise from what I can make of it. This is only seen in a few
paintings and most of them by the same author around the same time
period and all seem to be German (or what is the region today) as I
have not seen this in any other culture. Maybe it was a short lived
fashion...

In any case, thanks for any help and I hope the weather down there
has been good.

-Jadwiga

__._,_.___   Messages in this topic (1) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic

To Unsubscribe, send a blank message to: arnhold-unsubscribe at eGroups.com

    Visit Your Group

   Sca
   Artemisia
   Arn
   Sca 2
   Sca scsi

      Yahoo! Mail
  Drag & drop
  With the all-new
  Yahoo! Mail Beta

    Yahoo! Photos
  Upload & Print
  Same-day pickup
  at Target

    Y! GeoCities
  Share Photos
  Put your favorite
  photos online.

  .

  If you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it!
  Meister Tor and Dame Rachel
  Baron and Baroness of Arn Hold
  (208) 870-7616 or (208) 870-7322
  before 9:00pm MST

Lord Maximilian von Passau

Stan Wyrm Knight Marshal

'Knowing the Path and Walking the Path are two different things.'