[Artemisia] Cross-post: No More Fabric at Walmart!

Asheel Terestini ashe_el at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 7 15:59:54 CST 2007

You DO have to be careful sometimes, but then again you can find some stealer deals.  I have found and bought bolts of cotton velvet, linen and a LOT of cotton there for SCA and mundane things.  It's going to be a hit & miss at ANY fabric store.  $1 fabric sometimes makes it easier for some of us who do body blocking, making up our own patterns or mock-ups.  JoAnns and Hancock really don't carry stuff like that.

Though they have been threatening to do this for many many years.  They found out YET AGAIN the pre-packaged stuff isn't going to sell as well.  Then again, some of us will have to continue bitting the bullet and buy things online.  It sucks, but where else can you go when JoAnns and Handcock DO NOT have linen at the store?

Ashe'el
*who is recovering from helping the NEWEST  Mistress of our kingdom!!!!!*

*and yes.. I'm still doing the happy dance (over the Laureling... not the walmart issue)  *

BECKY LEISHMAN <leishman10 at msn.com> wrote: I'd call and complain, but we have a Jo-Ann's nearby and they have this 40% discount and constant sales that will beat Walmart's price on a better quality fabric and other notions hands down.  I bought some of the cheap 'mystery fabric' at walmart and it fell apart in the washer on gentle, so I was not all that impressed.

Now, if Walmart discontinued their video section (particularly the discounts on new releases)... that might get me making a few phone calls (evil grin from movie addict goes here)

If you don't have a Jo-Anns or other large fabric and craft store nearby... you have my sympathies ;0(

Good luck.

Bethoc