[Artemisia] Cord Question

Michael the Loud hanhebin at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 9 11:19:52 CST 2007

I was making a small spring pole lathe for my desk and
came to the point of adding cords.  Being an archer I
first went to bowstring material as mundane
competition bowstring doesn't stretch and is extremely
strong however that didn't look or feel right.  I then
tried sewing thread and that didn't hold up turning
the wood or between the treddle arm and the pole.

Does anybody have any suggestion for a fine cord
material that looks period but strong enough to take
some abuse (both spring and friction.)

Michael