[Artemisia] LOI for Crown Tourney

TClayton hereford at xmission.com
Mon Jan 15 13:49:33 CST 2007

Greetings to all you good Sergens, Vavasseurs and Miles of the Kingdom of Artemisia!
   As their Majesties march to war, we must prepare for the worst, the unlikely fall of our King. Therefore, on April 14th, there shall be a tourney to select new heirs for the Gryphon Thrones.
     However, Letters of intent are required to enter the lists. Also, proof of membership must be included along with each Letter, for the Fighter and their Consort. Letters must be received by Our hands no later than the 31st of March. After this time, no one shall be permitted to enter Crown list.
    Letters must be hard copies (electronic letters will not be accepted). You may hand deliver or mail your letters to Us. You will find Our address in the Sage and on the Kingdom Website
    We will also continue the Grand Tradition set by Their Majesties and require Pennants for both fighter and consort, bearing their arms or badge, to be displayed by the aric and during the procession.

    There are many kinds of victory. Winning the list is only one. Honor is by won for the consort whose champion fights in their name. Valor is won by the fighter whose skills are still humble and yet faces many greater opponents with courage and grace. Glory is won by those whose daring and bravery moves the gallery. Renown is won by all who would enter and face a future King in combat. There are many Victors in Crown lists, the only ones that fail, are those who fail enter!

------Sir Ralph, Crown Prince Artemisia