[Artemisia] In search of the owner of a shield...

Rhianwen Morgaine rhianwen.morgaine at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 20 15:58:23 CST 2007

Greetings to the members of the Kingdom of Artemisia!

It is with a sad heart that I announce the passing of Mistress Donilee Witherspoon, who was the Seneschal of the Shire of Kedron Vale (Cedar City, Utah) and Queen of the Utah Midsummer Renaissance Faire for some 10 years running in the 1980's and early 1990's. She passed quietly in her sleep on November 20 after a long bout with Alzheimer's disease.

Perhaps some of the old members of Kedron Vale would have some recollection of a handcrafted shield that was given to the Shire, probably in the 1980's, to be borne by its Protectors. I have not seen the shield, but my father mentioned today that it is still in his possession and was never retrieved by its maker.
I would like to find the person who gifted it to the Shire and return it to him if at all possible. If any of you know how to contact this person, please let me know. Also, if you need a detailed description shield, I will try to locate it in the house over the next week or two and post it here.

Thank you for your time.

Tonie Witherspoon
f/k/a Rhianwen Morgaine ferch Aelhaearn