[Artemisia] Judges for Estella...

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed Jan 24 22:13:26 CST 2007

There's also the inter-kingdom aspect of it.  Not all kingdoms divide
categories in the same way.
Plus, I think, it gives us a chance to explore some lesser-known, or more
unusual areas.  Asissi embroidery, instead of general embroidery, or
preserved foods instead of cooking.  Also, you can get a lot of variety by
doing something like this year's "felted item," which could be anything from
a ger to a 16th c. flat cap.
Having participated in a number of them, though (and been in charge a time
or two), I'd say the main reason is probably logistical.  Space, time, and
qualified judges who aren't on the battlefield or something....
--Maire