[Artemisia] Roses Cancer Tourney

Dame Theodora damethea at inbox.com
Sun Jan 28 14:05:28 CST 2007

Forwarded by request.
~thea
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Greetings Unto the Known World from one Countessa Mariana Vivia de Santiago of Atenveldt.
It is my pleasure to host the Roses Cancer Tournament at Estrella this year. It will be a fundraiser and tourney
to benefit the American Cancer Society. There will be many prizes awarded for both the fighting and donation side of this event. First prize for the hard suit tournament will be a Sallet made by Windrose Armory donated by Count Balor. I am requesting a $5 entry fee into the tournament for those wishing to fight. You do not need to have a Rose sponsor you for this tournament. Anyone who is willing and able may fight in the tourney. The tentative schedule for the event is Friday the 16th at 3pm on the tourney field. There will also be rapier, archery, and seige weapons tournaments to benefit this cause. Please see the Estrella Special Events list for more information on those tournaments.

This tournament has taken on an even more special place for me. The other woman who was the inspiration for me to hold this tournament, and was planning on co-hosting it with me is once again having to endure chemo. She will therefore not be able to make it to Estrella. I would love to have this first year really shine for her, as she has been an inspiration for many including myself. If you or anyone you know has had to endure cancer then come and show your support for this great organization. If you have any questions please feel free to email them to me at marianavivia@ gmail.com

Ever in Service to the Dream & Breast Cancer Survivor,
Countessa Mariana Vivia de Santiago