[Artemisia] Dangers of Black Henna Tattoos

Stephanae Baker stephanae at countryrhoades.net
Mon Jul 2 11:26:54 CDT 2007

Hand of Fatima (the henna grrrls, who usually do the henna at events
in our kingdom) would be glad to further enlighten you about the
evils of black henna if you wish to speak with them at an event
sometime. They never, ever use it or any other henna with color
additives. Only those allergic to citrus or essential oils are in any
danger from the natural henna they use.

hennapage.com also has much to say about what responsible henna
artists think of black henna and includes advice on how to tell if a
henna artist is using safe henna. Here is a link if you're interested
(but beware, there are pictures of what black henna can do to your
skin):

http://www.hennapage.com/henna/ppd/index.html

Also, Malynda, one of the women of Hand of Fatima will be teaching a
class on henna at Harvest War. I think her focus is on period usage,
but I'm sure she'd be glad to answer any questions about black henna,
too.

Belladonna