[Artemisia] Uprising Awards

Dawn Tavares dtavares1 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 2 15:10:02 CDT 2007

>I remember when Lord David received his Gryphon's Pride at the tender age
>of
>six, I believe if memory serves me right.
>
>Raoghnailt

If I may use this reminiscence as a segue:

A young gentleman by the name of Tyson attended his very first event this
Uprising. So dazzled was he by the Kingdom and the adults who took him under
their wings that he volunteered not only 25 hours to the Parking Pirates,
but he also lent his eager assistance to many other areas that needed a
helping hand -- including the rapier battlefield. He played the part of the
recalcitrant cow who kept stomping on the toes of every duelist who came
within reach.

I've been told by an unimpeachable source that THL John Gilson, BOTE Rapier
Marshal and all-around EGB, was laughing his head off at the results.

At Children's Court Her Excellency Antoinette gifted Tyson with (I think)
one of her personal tokens in recognition of his hard work. Don Maestro Azir
then hobbled up to the dais and presented the lad with a large, elegant
bull's horn for his enthusiastic performance on the battlefield. Later that
evening the Pirates of Tortuga officially inducted him into their
crew...because anyone who could irritate so many White Scarves and gold
scarves in one day deserves a bunk on their ship.  >:)

By next Uprising Tyson will be old enough to authorize in rapier....
Moooo!

Aurora de Portugal
evil BLS MOY