[Artemisia] Barons' War/Kingdom 10th Anniversary HOUNDS COURSING!!!

Freydis the Good freydisthegood at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 18:14:15 CDT 2007

Greetings from the Kingdom Minister of the Royal Stables; Horses,
Hawks and Hounds:

I've spoken with Their Excellencies Baron Sir Sean and Baroness Nisa
and they have allowed a last minute addition to the VERY packed
schedule at Barons' War/Kingdom 10th Anniversary.  THANK YOU AGAIN
YOUR EXCELLENCIES!!!

There will be Hounds Coursing so bring your Hounds!  Please remember
this is a park and all Hounds must be under control and properly
contained/restrained at ALL times to be in compliance with mundane
laws and SCA rules.  Kennels or proper(hopefully -inescapable)
exercise pens are suggested when your hound is not on a leash or under
task on the course.  Also please remember that it will be HOT so give
them plenty of shade and fresh water while kenneled and/or penned AND
most importantly, CLEANED UP AFTER.  So remember your baggies!!  ;-)

Vaccinations:  If coursing, owners must be able to provide proof of
current vaccinations upon request of the steward.  If you administer
your own vaccinations, you can bring the empty package & the receipt
and notate what day it was given(Bank or check carbon of store
purchase can be accepted if needed).  Hopefully I won't have to ask
for proof, but please be on the safe side and bring them with you,
Murphy's Law ya know...

If your dog has not coursed and you would like suggestions on how to
"prepare" them for the course, please email me off list and I will be
happy to send idea's and suggestions on how to "pre-train" for the
lure over the next two weeks.  It will make a WORLD of difference for
coursing them.

So, please note Hounds' coursing has been squeezed into the schedule
on Friday evening'ish and Saturday morning'ish, possibly more at Their
Excellencies and/or Majesties request for entertainment.

See you SOON!
Lady Freydis