[Artemisia] Travel trials and tribulations

Redhawk sca_redhawk at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 16 12:25:45 CDT 2007

Oh my gosh.  and i was just sitting here wondering if you got home okay.  i'm glad you are safe and sound in silver keep.  geeze.. the rotten luck.  i wonder if that might have had something to do with the road into the site.  one car got a whole knocked in the tranny and our motor home got a hole knocked into the gray water holding tank.  i know for us were were way way over our weight limit with both trailer.  next year the trailer stays home..  had a few close calls with it being over loaded both coming and going.
Glad you are safe.
Red

Jacquie Ziegler <shauna at bresnan.net> wrote: Greetings!

Well, the Fates must have decided that I needed to spend time with Sine,
because I am safe and sound in Bozeman as of yesterday evening.

Leaving Dragon's Tear, Sine and I traveled to White Sulphur Springs to
gas up and eat with others. We had noticed a slight bounce or shimmy on
the front end on the drive up, so I was going to get the alignment
checked after I got home.

After we left WSS, the bounce got worse. Before we got to Wilsall, part
of the tread peeled off and we had to slow to 10 mph to keep creeping
along to find cell coverage. Just about the time we found an area that
might work, along with a turnout that would get us off the road
completely, a State Trooper coming the other way stopped and helped us
get the spare on. At that point, it was obvious the half-size spare
would not support the van. His radio would get out where Sine's cell
coverage would not, so we got ahold of Elias and he started out to come
rescue us.

Fix a Flat got us to the Cenex in Wilsall, and then we put the
necessities into the truck and headed into Bozeman.

I have just gotten off the phone with four different tire places and I
will be getting a replacement tire tomorrow and heading home after that.

Thank goodness for friends!

Shauna